It is essential for healthcare organizations to involve nurses in every stage of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of a new health information technology system. There are unfortunate and costly consequences when nurses are not involved in the entire SDLC process. Consequences of not including nurses include delays in achieving milestones, poor usability, waste of time and resources, system inefficiencies, decreased success rate, lack of buy-in, heightened frustrations, and increased costs due to time and resources spent modifying the system. Nurses are the primary end-user, understand workflow, can provide insight into whether a system is useful and facilitates patient care, ensure proper allocation of healthcare resources, and address problems (Verma & Gupta, 2017). If nurses are involved in all stages, the likelihood of implementing a system that is acceptable for nurses is improved, promoting buy-in and success. Leadership must acknowledge the value of a partnership with nurses because they may be the most affected by a project that involves a new health information technology system. The most successful SDLC governance structure consists of some level of user participation (Walden University, LLC, 2018). Nursesâ€™ primary concerns involve providing efficient and quality care to the patient; therefore, their input is essential during the SDLC of a new health information technology system.
It is essential for healthcare organizations to involve nurses in every stage of the Syste
by Manilla | Aug 3, 2022 | Uncategorized | 0 comments
Why work with us?
Authenticity:All of our papers are authentic, as each paper of ours is composed according to your unique requirements. Confidentiality: We value you data. Our company is extremely efficient in guarding the privacy of our clients. 100% Money Back Guarantee: In the event you cancel your order, you get your money back as soon as possible, we give a 100% refund. 24/7 Support: Our team members are available via email, live chat, and phone. Revision Policy: You can apply for a revision if you think your paper could be better. In this case, your paper will be revised either by the specialist assigned to you or by another writer.
How the Platform Works
- Click on 'Place Your Order' tab on the menu or click on 'Order Now' tab at the bottom and a new order page will appear
- Fill in your requirements depending on your needs under the 'PAPER DETAILS' area
- In the next section, fill in the academic level, required number of pages, paper deadline as provided in the drop-down menus.
- To enter your registration details, click on 'CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN'. This step allows you to create an account with us for purposes of record-keeping. Click on 'PROCEED TO CHECK OUT' at the bottom of the page
- The next section requires you to fill in the payment details. Follow the guided process and soon your order will be available for our team to work on.